vendredi 27 janvier 2012

Dreams……


Dreams……

One day, I heard your footsteps, by the sounds of the sole of your shoes were making,

I could tell which mood you were in.

A cold sweat ran thru my spine, like oil on a hot skillet, you were not happy, actually you were furious and I started trying to remember.

Were your black shoes next to the browns with strings or not? Are all the shirts were arrange right? From the darkest colors to the lightest?

Was everything ok?

I sensed a shot of hot wave that made my body shiver, you just entered the room!!!

And now I’m counting slowly 1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9, oh God its 3 pm already,

The tenderloin must be dry now like a cowboy hat, hope this time it will not be my grandmother tea pot that you will throw across the room, I still bear the scars of that hot coffee on Valentine’s Day.

Not a word had been said but I know something was boiling, waiting to erupt.  Like a trap animal I could sense danger, fear took over me, I couldn’t even think straight.

You took my long ponytail with both hands and start pulling; I saw stars and fell at your feets.

I wanted to cry for help but couldn’t, who will come, who will believe what I would say, you, look like the perfect man to be with.

I woke up screaming from that dream, I had that sensation of wanting to run and hide and I remembered and I start to smile.

I looked at the bed and saw your note saying that you loved me.

For a brief moment I panicked maybe I was still dreaming!!!

Dreams sometimes try to warn   us of danger, my nightmares started when I met you.  

I thought that dreams were the enemy, not you I was so wrong, and I was avoiding the truth, hiding my scars from and for you.

When reality strikes theres no place to hide, you have to embrace it, talk and say to the world NO More Violence against women!!!

By : Natacha Gomez

Haiti


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire